How to check error during syntax highlighting

John Keeping john at keeping.me.uk
Mon Dec 24 19:02:52 CET 2018

On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 06:37:12PM +0900, Katsuya Horiuchi wrote:
> I have been playing with filters, specifically syntax-highlighting.py,
> in order to render markdown in tree.
> However, I would see empty output when something goes wrong.
>
> Is it possible to check error during syntax highlighting (i.e. take log)?

The filter's stderr stream may appear in the web server's log file.

I use a small Python program for experimenting with CGit, which will
forward stderr from the filter:

https://github.com/johnkeeping/git-instacgit

You can also simply run CGit in a terminal with a couple of environment
variables set, although this is not the most straightforward mechanism
to set up.  See cgit_url() in tests/setup.sh for an example of this.

Regards,
John