Render Jupyter notebook in tree

Hugo Hörnquist hugo at lysator.liu.se
Fri Dec 28 16:54:43 CET 2018

That could be a nice feature to have. But I'm not sure that
it's something that should be there by default.

Anyway, I personally run a filter which renders out org-mode
files in tree view. It's a bit slow, and lacks a good way to
add CSS.

	extension=${REQUEST_URI: -3}

	case $extension in
		org)
			temp=$(mktemp)
			cat - > $temp.org
			emacs $temp.org \
				--quick \
				--batch \
				--funcall org-html-export-to-html \
				--kill
			tail -n+10 $temp.html
			exit 0
			;;
	esac

	exec highlight --force -f -I -O xhtml -S "$EXTENSION" # 2>/dev/null

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 10:48:22PM +0900, Katsuya Horiuchi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there demand to render Jupyter notebooks in tree view?
> I personally would love to see them rendered just like GitHub.
>
> It can be achieved by calling nbconvert [0] inside the filter.
> Considering there's ongoing discussion on rendering markdown files, I
> think this could add additional value to cgit.
>
> [0] https://github.com/jupyter/nbconvert
>

> Best,
>
> Katsuya

hugo