Adding short commit id to repo Log tab

John Keeping john at keeping.me.uk
Sat Jun 16 18:21:11 CEST 2018

Sorry for the delay responding.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:00:28PM +0300, Vlad wrote:
> I think adding short (7 chars) commit id to repository Log tab output
> might be more useful than file or line count..
>
> I have examined the code, it it not easy to add an extra column
> to the output.
>
> Would you suggest ways how to implement this?

I'm not sure I agree that this is useful, but personally I wouldn't be
opposed to adding this if the code is simple.

I don't think it's hard to do, you just need to add a new <th> element
in cgit_print_log() and then write the <tr> element in print_commit(),
making sure that columns is also adjusted.  All of the code should be in
ui-log.c unless you add a config switch to enable this feature..