repo.desc as raw html?

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Jun 20 11:04:55 CEST 2018

Hi -

I want to put a repo-specific link to my project mailing list in the
header area.

But there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.

noheader=1 also removes functionality for branch switching UI, which is
not desirable.

There's a "homepage" link concept but a) that's positioned in the wrong
place logically, it's in the vertical context of the repo display area
not the header, and b) just adding a few more inflexible individual
settings doesn't sound a good way.

What's the feeling about just changing ui-shared.c where it prints it from

html_txt(ctx.repo->desc);

html(ctx.repo->desc);

?  As html I can put what I want in there... homepage and mailing list
links, text, inline images etc, and because it's in the header, it
doesn't need to know any detail about what's going on in the repo view.

-Andy