CGIT_REPO_* environment variables in auth filter?

Hugo Hörnquist hugo at lysator.liu.se
Sat Oct 20 18:00:52 CEST 2018

Hi!

The manual (cgitrc(5)) states that "All filters are handed
the following environment variable:" and lists the different
CGIT_REPO_* variables. I'm trying to access them from an
auth filter written in lua (a slight modification of the
included simple-authentication.lua) but they are all unset.

I have tested running cgit through nginx, lighttpd and
directly. And none of them worked. Is there something I'm
missing? Or is this by design and the documentation is
wrong?

The variables are however available in a shell-script
source-filter.

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
hugo