Dumb HTTP & Caching

June Bug june at causal.agency
Sun Apr 12 00:08:17 CEST 2020

> On Apr 11, 2020, at 17:59, René Neumann <lists at necoro.eu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm using cgit as a dumb HTTP frontend to my git repositories. And I noticed that sometimes git push (via ssh) followed by git pull (via https) will return the revision before the push.
>
> Is it possible, that cgit's caching interferes with pull here? If so, is there some way to turn it off without disabling caching as a whole?

That does seem to be the case in my experience too. I suggest setting
up the “smart” HTTP transport git-http-backend in parallel with
cgit, which also greatly improves pull/clone speed. You can see how
I set it up in the last section of
<https://text.causal.agency/007-cgit-setup.txt>, “Update: fast HTTPS
clones”.