Incompatibilities with python3-pygments 2.6.1?

Roy Marples roy at marples.name
Wed Jul 1 17:35:04 CEST 2020

On 01/07/2020 14:51, jean-christophe manciot wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've built python3-pygments from sources
> (https://github.com/pygments/pygments) using the latest stable 2.6.1
> tag.
> Using it with cgit v1.2.3 and git 2.25.1 leads to blank 'about' pages
> whereas everything works fine with 2.3.1+dfsg-1ubuntu2 on Ubuntu
> focal.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> The deb package is available on Ubuntu focal at
> https://git.sdxlive.com/PPA/tree/Ubuntu/pool/stable/p/python3-pygments.

I use the highlight package instead, running cgit under uwsgi fronted by nginx.
When I restart the web server, the highlighted code is blank until I restart the
uwsgi service. I don't know why this is as there is no reported error, but the
symtom appears to mirror your own so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Roy