Tag-Info on the Web-GUI (cgit)

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Thu Apr 7 15:17:07 UTC 2022

Kilian Felder <kilian.felder at nextstride.com> on Thu, 2022/04/07 14:57:
> Hi folks,
>
> As you can see on the attached pics.. For my tags I get the header
> <Download> (but I do not have an archive to download) and the commit-link.
> This may be ok when the tags are not annotated, but my tags are and I
> expected to see this annotation info at this place.
>
> Instead I have to click on the tag to see my annotation <Release 2022.03
> ...> (cgit02.png).
>
> I checked your code but I do not understand how this works and I'm not able
> to implement this behavior for me. This is then a feature request to modify
> your code accordingly. Maybe add an additional column with this annotation
> info (only the first line), or you make it configurable over the cgitrc
> file to select what info should be displayed.

Usually you find the archive download links there, looks like you did not
enable any snapshot archive formats. Have a look at `snapshots=` in cgitrc.

It looks like this with `snapshots=tar.gz tar.zst`:

https://git.eworm.de/cgit/pacredir/
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)