cgit with busybox httpd

Andreas Mahling andreas.mahling at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 6 10:13:10 UTC 2023

hello,

I'm in the process to configure a cgit instance for my private network at home.
Because my internet router will be the host for git and cgit, I'm
looking for a ligthweight setup.
I would like to use busybox httpd as webserver, which has a very low
footprint and supports cgi, but no other fancy bells and whistles,
especially no url rewrite.

It works in principle, but there is a problem with the URLs generated
by cgit: they seem always containing a trailing slash. This leads to a
404 error thrown by httpd. If I manually remove the slash, everyting
is OK.

Example given:
http://git/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/linuxadmin.git/ -> 404
http://git/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/linuxadmin.git -> Page ist shown

Is there a way to tell cgit to give up the trailing slash? I'm running
cgit-1.2.3-r3 on Alpine 3.17.2

Any help greatly appreciated!

BTW: I've also tried lighttp, which had no problem with trailing
slashes, but is more heavyweight than busybox.

Best Regards
Andreas