More detailed log URLs?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Mon Apr 15 20:07:14 UTC 2024

On Wed Apr 10, 2024 at 3:25 PM CEST, Christian Hesse wrote:
> Matěj Cepl <mcepl at cepl.eu> on Sun, 2024/03/10 19:56:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is it possible to have cgit show log from one commit to
> > another? Something like the equivalent of gitweb's
> > http://localhost:4321/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=.git;a=shortlog;h=update-lexers;hp=master
>
> Something like this?
>
> https://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/patch/?id=00ecfaadea2c&id2=093ac9697068

Right, https://git.cepl.eu/cgit/git/git-bz/patch/?id=apply_on_cascade&id2=git-bz-python3_adaptation
works, but it is far from convenient.

1. I don’t see any documentation for it anywhere.
2. id and id2 are far from intutive. Could we get something like
   top and base instead?
3. Error handling is insufficient. When you switch those
   parameters (again, no documentation) the reply is just a blank
   page.

I can help with documentation, but not much with changes in the C
code.

Best,

Matěj

http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, @mcepl at floss.social
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never
happened.
    -- Martin Farquhar Tupper (mistakenly attributed to Michel de
       Montaigne by Dale Carnegie,
       https://quoteinvestigator.com/?p=7370)