How do I render a manual page from CGit's about page?

Hee-Suk Kim hskim at dilluti0n.com
Mon Sep 14 14:16:18 UTC 2026


Sven Göthel <sgothel at jausoft.com> writes:

> I use pandoc, see my style-sheet and integration here
> <https://jausoft.com/cgit/users/sgothel/pandoc-buttondown-cgit.git/about/>
> backup <https://github.com/sgothel/pandoc-buttondown-cgit>
>
> Cheers
>
> ~Sven

Thank you for sharing your setup. I've tried your setup, it renders very
solid and beautiful but pandoc is a bit heavy to put on cgi, ended up
using cmark-gfm instead:

#!/bin/sh
echo '<div class="markdown-body">'
echo '<style>
pre {
	margin: 0;
	background-color: #eee;
	border: 1px solid #aaa;
	display: block;
	font-family: monospace;
	overflow-x: auto;
	padding: 5px;
	word-wrap: normal;
}
code {
	font-family: monospace;
	padding: 0 3px;
        overflow-wrap: break-word;
}
pre code {
    background: none;
    padding: 0;
    overflow-wrap: normal;
}
pre + pre {
	margin-top: 5px;
}
</style>'
cmark-gfm --unsafe -e table -e strikethrough -e autolink -e tasklist --smart
echo "</div>"

It renders faster than default python one!

Thanks,
Hee-Suk Kim


More information about the CGit mailing list