[pass] pass edit: infinite loop

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun Dec 30 09:32:54 CET 2012

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Brian Mattern <rephorm at rephorm.com> wrote:

> I can't think of a case where encryption would succeed the second time
> after failing the first. Perhaps we should replace this loop with a
> warning and an option to print the password contents to screen before
> exiting?

I thought about this back when implementing the feature, but couldn't
think of a clean enough solution. I went for the infinite loop with
the kind of shifty reasoning of "oh, well, they'll just have to fix
things while it's looping and eventually it will work," but this
obviously has its drawbacks.

Something better than printing to the screen would just to open the
editor back up again, after a delay where the error message is shown.