[pass] Darwin ramdisk

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed Sep 12 03:47:09 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:10 AM, rupa <rupa at lrrr.us> wrote:

> Not sure how it could live in contrib, but whatever works. There's
> plenty of workarounds for various *nix clipboard utilities and stuff
> in the codebase already

I guess there is that one line for klipper, true.

> and I don't personally see why OS specifics
> are too much worse than that (/dev/shm being there by default is
> debian (and maybe ubuntu) specific afaik).

/dev/shm is in nearly all linux, not just debian. It is required by glibc.

> But it's your project, and
> I can see why wasting time on this stuff can be irritating.

It might be my project, but I want it to be as sound as possible, and
this means listening to what smart folks in the community have to say
too.

> Honestly, I'm still OK with writing to /tmp :P

I'll consider merging this into mainline for the next release. Give me
some time to think about it.

In the meanwhile,

Theo: want to test that patch out with the Homebrew formula? And if it
works well, push it up to the Homebrew people?