[pass] [patch] use getopt to regularize options

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed Sep 12 12:03:44 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:21 AM, Brian Mattern <rephorm at rephorm.com> wrote:
> The attached patch uses getopt(1) to regularize the option list so that
> lazy people like me can specify the options in any order.

Thanks a lot for the patch. I'll fix up some stylistic things, but it
mostly looks good. I had considered using getopt before, but early on
when this was just 50 lines long, it seemed like overkill. But your
patch actually appears to reduce the complexity of the code, which is
nice.

> I *think* this is portable, but don't have access to any systems other
> than linux to test on.

I'll take a look at its portability this evening. If it's possible to
transform the GNU syntax to BSD syntax with a regex, then it just
might be possible...