[pass] Version 1.3 Released [package maintainers: please bump]

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Sep 13 18:33:02 CEST 2012

Hi folks,

We've just finished up developing our best release...ever. We've taken
the world's best minimal unix password manager product, and made it
even better. This changes everything...again. It's revolutionary. The
magical password manager is the best product we've ever built. We
think it's really great. We think you'll love it. The revolutionary
magical unix password manager, now available from Zxapple for just
ninety-nine Richard Stallman blood droplets.

All that aside, yes, 1.3 has been released.

Features:
  - Let PASSWORD_STORE_DIR override the password store directory location
  - Use GNU getopt to allow arguments to be anywhere
  - Confirm before overwriting on insert (use --force to revert behavior)
  - Use GNU readline when reading passwords in the default insert mode
  - Skip directories and add edit mode to ZSH completion file
  - Make GPG output quieter
  - Support ramdisk on OSX via out-of-tree patch
  - Add --version switch

Bug fixes:
  - Don't quote $EDITOR, so that folks can specify arguments to their editor
  - Be careful about cleaning up temporary files -- use signal handler
to ensure it happens
  - Make more efficient use of bash's read command for prompting
  - Split out common gpg options into unified variable

Linux maintainers: please bump your versions. Mac maintainers: you
should already have a handle on the darwin ramdisk patch.
http://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/tag/?id=1.3
http://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/snapshot/password-store-1.3.tar.xz

Also -- does anyone know someone in Debian or Ubuntu who can take over
packaging there?

Thanks,
Jason