[pass] Multi-user pass / group pass

Roman Shtylman shtylman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 09:31:19 CEST 2012

Jason, thanks for educating us :) I must agree 100% with the "internet is awesome" statement!

One comment I would make about the use of "team" approach described below (and correct me if I am wrong) is that it will mean all your passwords are now stored with the team key. What I think would be a desired feature/usecase is to have a subset of my passwords stored using the team key and others stored using personal keys. I personally keep an organizational scheme where my personal passwords are under different folders from projects and business passwords.

One way to make this happen would be to drop a gpgid file into any of those subfolders and have that be used for that subfolder and those under it? This would probably require a new command line option --key or something for generate and insert which would let you specify the key? Or maybe just allow the init command to take a subfolder argument meaning "initialize new storage with this key under this folder in .password-store"

Thought?

cheers,
~Roman

P.S. Long live pass!