[pass] FreeBSD Platform File

milki milki at rescomp.berkeley.edu
Sun Sep 23 09:10:46 CEST 2012

On 09:03 Sun 23 Sep     , Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM, milki <milki at rescomp.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> > My concern was if git/xclip were not installed as depdendencies, then
> > the man page, usage text, and program behaviour do not match anymore.
> > Unless there's runtime detection and/or warning messages, this could
> > confuse the user.
>
> There IS indeed runtime detection of whether or not the password store
> is a git repository. If it's not a git repo, the git commands are
> never considered.

I don't believe this is the case yet for delete|rm|remove and git
subcommands.

> There isn't runtime detection for xclip, but one does not exactly go
> around copying things to the clipboard on an X-less box.

No, but personally, I don't like seeing error messages for documented
features.

As a response to your later email, yes, this is just for aesthetics. The
patches will remain only in the freebsd port and are completely
optional.

--
milki