[pass] Using X primary selection and fix for git pull

Matthieu Weber mweber at free.fr
Tue Aug 6 09:22:27 CEST 2013

On Mon 05.08.2013 at 06:26:49PM -0700, milki wrote:
> On 21:35 Mon 05 Aug     , Matthieu Weber wrote:
> > The second is that for some reason (my git version is too old?), "pass git pull"
> > fails with the following error:
> >   fatal: /usr/lib/git-core/git-pull cannot be used without a working tree.
> > The solution is to "cd $GIT_WORK_TREE" before executing git, which should be
> > harmless. An alternative would be to unset GIT_WORK_TREE, but I fear it would
> > break some other git command :(
>
> Perhaps it should be git fetch instead? Or maybe it should actually be a
> mirror and use git push --mirror and git fetch --mirror.

What is this --mirror option? I can't find it in git-fetch man page.

And even though "pass git fetch" works perfectly, it does not update the
working directory (pull is equal to fetch + merge), so the updating of
the working directory must be made as a separate step.

Matthieu
--
 (~._.~)            Matthieu Weber - mweber at free.fr              (~._.~)
  ( ? )                http://weber.fi.eu.org/                    ( ? )