[pass] fixing the limitations of multi-user/store support

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at koumbit.org
Thu Feb 7 19:36:46 CET 2013

On 2013-02-07, milki wrote:
> On 13:16 Thu 07 Feb     , Antoine Beaupr?? wrote:

>> I would prefer zero configuration, by passing the store_dir on the
>> commandline...
>
> For 2, how is using a flag different than setting the env then? At least
> for bash, you can set an env variable just for the current command.

A positionnal argument is shorter than setting the environment.

Compare:

    PASSWORD_STORE_DIR=foo pass init

with:

    pass foo init

I don't like typing, and this is to take into account that there may be
multiple password stores lying around that I need to switch between...

A.

--
Marijuana grows naturally on the planet.
Mushrooms grows naturally on the planet.