[pass] Issue with Pass and Fish

Nathan DeGruchy nathan at degruchy.org
Wed Mar 6 03:05:33 CET 2013

Hello,

I'm using the Fish shell, and when I try to use `pass`, specifically
`pass edit some/password-file`, it defaults to vi. Being on a Mac, I've
actually changed my $EDITOR variable to `/usr/local/bin/mvim` (for
GVim), echoing $EDITOR confirms this.

Is there some reason pass fails to pick up on $EDITOR? I installed it
via homebrew, if that matters. I'm also using Fish 2.0 beta, which I
realize could be an issue. I also checked and added `export
EDITOR="/usr/local/bin/mvim"` to my `.bashrc` file, but that doesn't
seem to work, either.

Just to note, I've also tried `/usr/local/bin/vim -g` as an $EDITOR
variable, too.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!