[pass] import counterpane?

David Sklar david.sklar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 14:30:35 CET 2013

Faced with the desire to import from password gorilla a little while
ago, I did the following:

1. Made a small TrueCrypt (http://www.truecrypt.org/) volume on my computer.
2. Used Password Gorilla's "Export" to dump everything to a .CSV file on
that TrueCrypt volume.
3. Wrote & run the "migrator.rb" script (attached) to import everything
into my pass tree. (Under the top-level dir "Gorilla" (see the
"pass_top_level" variable) since I have a lot of entries that need pruning.)

Caveats:

- The TrueCrypt volume was to prevent any automatic backup or other
persistent storage of all my unencrypted passwords, your situation may vary.
- The migrator.rb script has some logic to prune out duplicate entries
that were in my password DB due to a previous Password Gorilla merge I did.
- The migrator.rb script does NOT correctly handle the case where you
have two entries in the same category with the same title.

Hope this helps.

David