[pass] 'pass insert' bugs

Von Welch von at vwelch.com
Mon Apr 21 03:56:55 CEST 2014

> On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 8:18 PM, Von Welch <von at vwelch.com> wrote:
> 1) "echo foo | pass insert my-pass" fails, but still creates an empty
> file. See appended example 1.
>
> http://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/commit/?id=91ef9dbbea26573414220073dd92bba4b1d4c94a

You fixed the interactive case, but the following now hangs if the password
does not exist:

% echo "foo" | ../src/password-store.sh insert my-pass

(It also points out a shortcoming of sharness.sh, which is it doesn't
support any timeouts on tests that I can see.)

> Seems to be the desired behavior, since you don't have to enter the
> password twice in -e mode, right?

I suggest that returning a non-zero status but not printing an error
message is a bug. If a user isn't explicitly checking the return status
(it's obvious to me because my prompt prints it), they could easily miss
the failure.

Von