[pass] commit message tense

George Angelopoulos george at usermod.net
Wed Apr 23 17:44:47 CEST 2014

I noticed that password-store uses past tense in git commit messages like
'Added generated password for stuff.'
Instead of imperative, present tense like
'Add generated password for stuff.'
Naturally, this bothered me a lot.

Then I noticed that in the project's commit history, the commit messages
are (correctly :P )
in imperative, present tense. For example,
5f12b6443d362a3949f0c289d59c3acf2bc6c649:
"Add git support"
Therefore, the past tense in the first case is not an accident.

So my question is - and this is directed to Jason, as he made the
decision for this -
Is there a particular reason for making the commit messages generated by
pass in past tense? Or did it just sound better?

I know this is nitpicky, but I'm curious. :)