[pass] commit message tense

Paul Schwendenman schwendenman.paul at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 19:05:35 CEST 2014

While I agree that commits should be imperative when you are working on a
project, If I pull in this commit it will do this. However in this case, I
believe git is being used to keep a historical record. I would argue that
historical records should be past tense.

Consistency is also important in my opinion and as you've pointed out some
current messages don't translate to imperative cleanly.

But perhaps I am the only one with this mindset?

Paul