[pass] Makefile not compatible with dash

Matthew Cengia mattcen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 23:59:28 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-28 17:22, René Neumann wrote:
[...]
> I'm by no means a shell expert, but I think, POSIX has '=' as the
> equality operator only.

This is correct; using single brackets [ ] you should only use the
single =.

> Also no argument must be empty, so it should be
> more along the lines of: [ "x$(FORCE_BASHCOMP)" = "x1" ].

This isn't correct; you're allowed to have empty arguments, but not
*missing* arguments; as long as they're quoted, this isn't a problem:

| dash$ [ 'foo' == 'foo' ] && echo true
| dash: 9: [: foo: unexpected operator
| dash$ [ 'foo' = 'foo' ] && echo true
| true
| dash$ [ '' = '' ] && echo true
| true

Also, Jason, I haven't had time to finish reviewing code yet, but so far
I haven't found anything that is a particularly big issue; just
stylistic changes mostly.

--
Regards,
Matthew Cengia