[pass] copying usernames and urls

Mikhail Gusarov dottedmag at dottedmag.net
Tue Apr 29 15:08:06 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 3:03 PM, George Angelopoulos <
l4than.d3vers at gmail.com> wrote:

I have some ideas about how this could work, but all of them are
> terrible. I know that I can restructure my directories and create
> separate entries for the usernames, but that doesn't seem like a good
> idea either, considering that this isn't some completely fringe thing
> I'm trying to accomplice and quite standard on other password managers.

Well, other password managers also provide proprietary databases and clunky
UIs as a standard.

I've been using the following schema quite successfully:

* Accounts with standard login name (either primary email or primary
username) are stored under the name of the website.
* Accounts with non-standard login name are stored under <website
name>/<account-name>

As I see from passmenu description, this scheme does not break incremental
search and also gives an instant hint on username.

Best regards,
Mikhail Gusarov.