[pass] copying usernames and urls

Alexis surryhill at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 16:18:33 CEST 2014

Hi,
I prefer pass to stay agnostic to the user data format,
since I also use it for storing secure notes.

If I would desire a structure for certain passwords,
I'd add that structure (e.g. JSON) to those password files
and then extract it through a unix pipe (e.g. jq¹).

Or event simpler if the first line is the password (for use with -c)
and second and last line is the username I could use:
% pass path/to/login | tail -1 | pbcopy

I would much appreciate it if pass would stick
to the Unix philosophy, it makes it so versatile for me.

Cheers,
Alexis

¹ http://stedolan.github.io/jq/