[pass] Gradual zsh completion

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at barrera.io
Tue Dec 23 12:57:53 CET 2014

Hi,

There's something that's been bothering be a bit about the zsh autocompletion.

The pass autocompletion shows a huge list of all the passwords, instead of
gradually completing each directory level.
Let my try to use an example to explain myself better:

`pass show <tab>` will show every single entry. However, I'd prefer something
more like ls's completion: show all the root entries/directories.

Currently:

    pass show <tab>
    www/some-site1
    www/some-site2
    www/some-site3
    www/some-site4
    banks/one-bank
    banks/another-bank
    email/hotmail
    email/yahoo
    email/gmail
    another-entry

Desired:

    pass show <tab>
    www
    banks
    email
    another-entry

    pass show www/<tab>
    www/some-site1
    www/some-site2
    www/some-site3
    www/some-site4

Am I the only one who'd prefer this? I believe it makes the autocompletion
options a lot more navigatable.

Cheers,

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera