[pass] Gradual zsh completion

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at barrera.io
Tue Dec 23 13:24:36 CET 2014

On 2014-12-23 07:19, Jason A. Ribeiro wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 6:57 AM, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera <hugo at barrera.io> wrote:
> > Am I the only one who'd prefer this?
>
> I only recently started using pass, but I tend to have a flat
> structure of the form:
>
> domain1/username1
> domain2/username2
>
> In my case, I prefer the current completion.
>
> I can definitely see preferring what you suggest if I organized things
> into categories as you described.  Maybe the behavior could change
> based on some environment variable?

I wouldn't mind that. Though I honestly think that the proposed change would
still make if faster for you to navigate through the list of choices.

domain2/username3 (skipping all the domain1 entries, in this example).

The problem in my case, is that completion without even typing anything is
barely usable (it's hard to simple list the categories):

    $ pass edit
    zsh: do you wish to see all 225 possibilities (75 lines)?

Cheers,

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera