[pass] Patch for adding a multiclip option

Philip Chase philipbchase at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 15:40:47 CET 2014

I like the --tail option.

I find myself running  "pass myAccount" to verify the username.  I then run
"pass -c myAccount", because I don't want to lift my hand to copy the
password to the scrap.

Much as I like the unix philosophy of do one thing and do it well, I've
always seen it as a guide, not a religion.  Would it be so bad to save the
end user some keystrokes?

Eschewing conveniences creates obstacles to adoption.  It begs the
question, "Do we only want a certain type of people to use this software?"

Philip

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Jonas Wagner <j.b.w at gmx.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Really? A --tail option? What's wrong with 'pass foo | sed 1d'?
>>

> What the author of the --tail option wanted it the possibility to copy the
> password to clipboard, *and* still have access to other information. In the
> current version of pass, you can either copy or print, but not both.
>
> You could to the same with
> $ pass foo -c; pass foo | sed 1d
> though.
>
> Cheers,
> Jonas

Philip Chase * 352-575-0705 * Gainesville, FL