[pass] Password store on Android

Stephen Blott smblott at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:48:58 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 04:28:41PM -0400, Mehmet Atif Ergun wrote:
>I've been using and enjoying pass for a few weeks now. I was wondering
>whether there is anyone who's using it on Android on pointers as to how to
>do so.
---end quoted text---

I have a hack that works, but it's just a hack ... as follows:

- Use FolderSync to mirror the password store to /data/local/password-store on the device.  Device is rooted.

- Use a couple of shell wrapper scripts around the gpg utility (which is available as part of zshaolin) to do the decryption.

- Use Tasker to pull it all together: list available passwords, select one, enter passcode, run gpg wrapper and display/clip the result.

This solution does leave the password in the clipboard.

On the other hand, I do find it absolutely essential to have my passwords available when I'm on the go.

There is also a nascent initiative to create an Android app for pass here:

- https://github.com/ssimroth/pass-android