[pass] Problem detecting `getopt' on Mac OS X with MacPorts installed

Matthew Cengia mattcen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 14:24:23 CET 2014

On 2014-03-20 02:28, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> But then we might wind up with OSX's getopt, which is non-GNU, which
> breaks. Other suggestions for fixing the macports issue?

I usually work around this by using getopts (shell builtin) rather than
getopt, and forfeit shiny management of long options. It's a trade-off
I'm usually happy to make, but this is tricker when you've had long
options implemented because taking them away breaks people's work-flows.

--
Regards,
Matthew Cengia