[pass] pass grep doesn't spawn pinentry dialog when no cached password is available in gpg-agent

Allan Odgaard lists+pass at simplit.com
Fri Nov 28 11:05:05 CET 2014

On 28 Nov 2014, at 16:26, Lucas Hoffmann wrote:

> This patch introduces a new helper function that is used to populate a
> bash array with the relevant files (the output of the find command)
> and
> exposes it to the caller.  The two functions reencrypt_path and
> grep_cmd
> can use this function to replace the while loop with a for loop and
> thereby make stdin available inside the loop.
>
> Please try it and let me know if it can solve your problem.

It works, nice job!

Though you removed the -L flag given to `find`. This is required when
`~/.password-store` is a symbolic link.

Also, while we fix grep, there is another issue with password files at
the top level of the password store directory, these are printed as
“file/file”.

I attached a patch for this issue (it also re-adds the missing -L flag
and should be applied after your patch).