[pass] Git Submodules

Kyle Marek-Spartz kyle.marek.spartz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 05:50:14 CEST 2014

I saw the recent/ongoing thread about multiple password stores and
wanted to share how I just set mine up. I have a separate gpg key and
git repositories for my work and my personal accounts. I pull them in as
submodules of my git repository for this computer's password-store. I
could theoretically create a shared password store by creating a shared
gpg key and setting a .gpg-id key for another submodule. The only
drawback is the prefix for the password lookup, e.g. `pass my/password`
and `pass work/password`. I think I prefer this approach to the
switching multiple accounts since it is not modal. Are other people
using submodules to manage multiple password stores or shared
repositories?

--
Kyle Marek-Spartz