[pass] Use find instead of tree to search for cmd_find

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at barrera.io
Tue Sep 23 12:22:57 CEST 2014

On 2014-09-23 12:14, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 23 Sep 2014, at 11:43, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera wrote:
>
> >[…] I feel that using find(1) insted would yield results which are more
> >consistent
> >with the arguments that pass(1) can receive:
> >
> > $ cd $HOME/.password-store
> > $ find * -iname "*wine*" | sed 's/\.gpg$//'
> >
> >[…] Any opinions on this?
>
> I think I would like this as well (and definitely supress the “Search Terms”
> line), but the find invocation should probably be:
>
>     find * -ipath "*wine*" -type f | sed 's/\.gpg$//'
>
> That way, we can also search for groups (to see all items in that group).

That slipped my mind, I agree, though a minor nitpick (from `man find`):

       -ipath pattern
              Behaves  in  the  same way as -iwholename.  This
              option is deprecated, so please do not use it.

       -iwholename pattern
              Like -wholename, but the match is case  insensi‐
              tive.

So I'd stick to -iwholename rather than ipath.

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera