[pass] Use find instead of tree to search for cmd_find

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at barrera.io
Tue Sep 23 12:38:59 CEST 2014

On 2014-09-23 12:27, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 23 Sep 2014, at 12:22, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera wrote:
>
> >That slipped my mind, I agree, though a minor nitpick (from
> >`man find`):
> >[…]
> >So I'd stick to -iwholename rather than ipath.
>
> From `man find` on a BSD system:
>
>      -ipath pattern
>              Like -path, but the match is case insensitive.
>>      -iwholename pattern
>              The same thing as -ipath, for GNU find compatibility.
>
> I wonder why GNU would deprecate -ipath (since it’s shorter)?
> Anyway, should be safe to use -iwholename on both BSD and GNU
> systems.

Hah, the man page for GNU find is pretty confusing (or rather, senseless):

       -ipath pattern
               Behaves in the same way as -iwholename.  This option is
               deprecated, so please do not use it.

       -wholename pattern
               See -path. This alternative is less portable  than -path.

I wonder why they would deprecate "ipath", if "[i]wholename" is less portable.

POSIX seems to define path, so ipath would seem like a more obvious choice:
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/find.html
(I expect ipath to be more portable than iwholename because of this).

Cheers,

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera