[pass] pass git pull before every commit

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at barrera.io
Sun Apr 5 08:19:46 CEST 2015

On 2015-03-19 12:40, Lenz Weber wrote:
> this is a simple post-commit hook that has been recommended here from
> time to time:
>
> git pull --rebase
> git push
>
> (in ~/.password-store/.git/hooks/post-commit - don't forget to chmod +x)

Very simple solution, I feel really stupid for not having though of that
before.

How safe is it do change this to

   (git pull --rebase && git push) &

so that it runs in background? (I'd like my terminal back right away, instead
of having to wait for the pull/push to complete).

Are there chances of me breaking stuff it I run `pass` before the background
process finishes?