[pass] Support multiple git repositories

Alfredo Palhares masterkorp at masterkorp.net
Mon Apr 6 11:00:22 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

I have been using pass for months personally, love the bullet proof simplicity.
In case everything fails, I can just use GPG directly.

I would like to use it with my colleagues. But for that I would need multi
repository support.

I will be willing to provide a patch, but before starting I have a few questions:

- How to contribute ?
  After searching on the mailing lists it seems that using git-fomat-patch is the
  way to but, is there any more information on what rules shall I follow like in
  the Linux kernel[1] ?

- How to write tests ?
  There are some tests, but I see some what seem to some hardcoded gpg key ids.
  Can someone guide how to successfully run the tests on my machine ?

- Handling the settings
  My approach to multiple repositories would an main ~/.pass.conf or
  password-store.conf files and the tree would be in either in ~/.password-store
  or ~/.pass

- Command line parameters to handle the repositories
  An extra set of parameters should be included a good example would be pass add
  mycompany <git-repo-remote-url> and the would add the remote under
  ~/.password-store dir

  A set-default parameter should also be good.

- Configuration file format
  What would be a format that would be easy to read and more importantly easy to
  parse by a bash script without adding too much complexity?

What do you guys think of this ?

[1] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/SubmittingPatches?id=refs/tags/v4.0-rc6

--
Alfredo Palhares