[pass] Finding a way to accept patches (Re: Patch: Do not depend on verbose flags in Makefile)

Alfredo Palhares masterkorp at masterkorp.net
Thu Apr 23 12:53:47 CEST 2015

Excerpts from Deny Dias's message of 2015-04-22 21:57:11 -0300:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm just a powerless, yet happy, pass user. I'm glad to see this matter getting some attention and that's why I feel the need to reply on this thread.
>
> We're in 2015 A.D. We have DVCS and people feeling the need to get involved with things they like|use. I see no point on relying in such an old, hard to scale process like sending patches to a mailing list.
I agree with this, old school is cool, but this is why platforms like github and
gitlab are very popular nowadays, with very small drawbacks.

You can still merge other people branches from the command, thus being able to
sign-off the commits, with GPG if you want to.

Gitlab its open source and you can install it on your machines, which to me
makes it a pretty cool tool.

> I say that being one tied to traditions myself: I'm a Slackware user.
Arch user here :)

Regards,

--
Alfredo Palhares