[pass] Key rotation

Mike Charlton mikekchar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 09:32:31 CET 2015

On 7 December 2015 at 08:37, Emil Lundberg <lundberg.emil at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not saying rotating keys is a bad idea, just that this is something
> you need to keep in mind if you do.

I'm not sure  why it would be considered a good idea.  Unless I'm missing
something the reason for rotating your password is to ensure that if
someone has gotten access to it somehow, they have limited time to make use
of it.   Since your old key is still active, that argument doesn't apply.
It just makes key management more difficult.  Unless you export everything
out and re-encrypt it, I would say that rotating keys *is* a bad idea.