[pass] Stripping .gpg not working

Lenz Weber mail at lenzw.de
Fri Feb 27 12:11:13 CET 2015

Hi,

I've done some digging.

GNU sed allows use of the switch -E since version 4.2 with the code comment
 /* Undocumented, for compatibility with BSD sed.  */
(it's not even mentioned in the Changelog)

As this version has been around since April 2009, most distributions
should have picked up on this.

So, if we get positive feedback from Jaakko, what should the course of
action be?

* go with the -E option for both versions of sed
* distinguish GNU sed from BSD sed and apply -r or -E accordingly
* replace the current sed comand with two sed commands, something like
tree -C -l --noreport "$PREFIX/$path" | tail -n +2 \
| sed 's/\.gpg\(\x1B\[[0-9]\+m\)\{0,1\} ->/\1/' \
| sed 's/\.gpg\(\x1B\[[0-9]\+m\)\{0,1\}$/\1/'

While the first option would make the most readable regex and require
only one call to sed, the last option should be the most hassle-free and
compatible, but with the most ugly regex (especially having to use
'\{0,1\}' instead of '?' sickens me).

Are there any opinions on this?

Regards,
Lenz