[pass] pass security

Dimitris Zervas dzervas at dzervas.gr
Wed Jan 21 05:52:44 CET 2015

Hello,

First of all, I am sorry, because i guess that these questions have been asked a lot, but I failed to dig them from google.
I want to use pass, but I am concerned about the security.
1. Why do you use asymmetric and not a symmetric algorithm? I haven't seen any disk encryption system use public-private key.
2. What about pipes? Are they safe? Can't someone read all the plaintext?
3. What about swap? Plaintext might be saved in swap and stay on the disk forever.
4. Why clipboard? Isn't auto-typing safer?

Thanks in advance.