[pass] A "rotate" command?

David Timothy Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Tue Jul 7 21:02:48 CEST 2015

Would there be support for adding a "pass rotate" command that would
regenerate only the first line of an entry? Right now, running "generate"
on an existing entry replaces the entire entry with the new password,
erasing data like URLs and usernames. Longer term, I would also like
"rotate" to reuse generation constraints like length and complexity so that
they don't need to be re-specified when updating an existing application or
website password.

If there is support, I would be keen on sponsoring the work or performing
the implementation myself.