[pass] Idiomatic way to view previous password version ?

Matthieu Weber mweber at free.fr
Fri Jun 12 10:16:03 CEST 2015

On Fri 12.06.2015 at 09:25:54AM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Denis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > pass git log -p test/root.gpg
>
> For this command to work (in the pass version I'm using anyway (v1.6.5 from
> debian testing) you have to be in your ~/.password-store directory which is not
> intuitive.

I just tried it with 1.6.2 from my $HOME, and it worked correctly...

> Unless I didn't understand something in your answer, since test/root.gpg is a
> binary file, the diff won't help here. Hence my post to this mailing list for
> something easiest to use. Is the diff working in clear-text on your installation ?

No, my bad, I didn't realize the diff would be binary. Stupid me :( One
thing that could be done is a git alias that takes the commits one by
one and decrypts them. Since pass doesn't require git, I doubt that a
pass command that is usable only when git is used would be accepted as a
stanard pass command.

Matthieu
--
 (~._.~)            Matthieu Weber - mweber at free.fr              (~._.~)