[pass] Exporting data from password store

Lenz Weber mail at lenzw.de
Mon Jun 22 09:59:04 CEST 2015

Without answering the question "where do you want to export it to?" this
can not really be answered.

Generally: your password data is stored in gpg-encrypted flat files that
can be manually decrypted and opened in any editor.

If you want to import it to another password manager application, it
would either need to support importing from password-store or from a
simple text file format.

In the latter case, a simple shell script like this oneliner (I'm sure
this is possible more beautiful, this is rather crude):
  find ~/.password-store -iname \*.gpg | sed 's,.*\.password-store/,,' |
sed 's,\.gpg,,' | xargs -n1 -I{} bash -c "echo {}; cat
~/.password-store/{}.gpg | gpg -d; echo "

could help you export your data.