[pass] Exporting data from password store

Lucas Hoffmann l-m-h at web.de
Mon Jun 22 11:33:28 CEST 2015

It is a good idea to store the password encrypted, even when backing up.
So as the password store is only a folder with files you can use cp(1)
or rsync(1) or tar(1) to backup and restore the data (best as a whole,
then you will have no problems if you reencrypt).

If you want to reencrypt files in your password store, read the man page
about `pass init`.

If you have two folders with a old and  new password store with
possiblely different gpg ids you can transvere every single password
that you want like this:

  PASSWORD_STORE_DIR=~/old-store pass show old/password/name | PASSWORD_STORE_DIR=~/new-store pass insert --multiline new/password/name

Have fun,
Lucas