[pass] "No public key" - help?

Mike Charlton mikekchar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 12:58:18 CET 2015

Possibly you are using Gnome???  Version 2.1 of gpg moved the private
keys off of the secring and they are now managed by gpg-agent.
Gnome has its own implementation of gpg-agent which is known to
be incompatible with gpg.  I'm wondering whether the keys
are in a different directory for some reason and the wrapper that you
have is finding the gpg 2.1 private keys, but not the public keys.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts (not such a good deal any more) that
if you downgrade to gpg 2.0 it will magically start working again.

It's my first post on this list, so if I've said anything silly, please
forgive
me ;-)