[pass] Shared Pass store for multiple users/pubkeys

Ville Mattila vmattila at csc.fi
Tue May 12 13:32:35 CEST 2015

On 12/05/15 13:42, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Will this do it for you?
>
> http://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/commit/?id=4690a3021cf74b2093d296f48f205b6706f82f2a

Thanks! For my specific case this would be sufficient, as I could
'export PASSWORD_STORE_GPG_OPTS="--no-permission-warning"' and do the
rest with $GNUPGHOME/gpg.conf.

However, I'm afraid $PASSWORD_STORE_GPG_OPTS cannot provide a very
generic way to specify custom gpg command line options because Bash
arrays cannot be passed between processes.  For example, if one does this:
-----
$ export PASSWORD_STORE_GPG_OPTS=( "--no-default-keyring"
"--keyring=/etc/pki/gpg/the-separate-keyring.gpg" )
-----
... the array will be effectively truncated to contain only the first
element so that /usr/bin/pass will receive just
PASSWORD_STORE_GPG_OPTS="--no-default-keyring".

Is there any other decent way than using a configuration file instead of
environment variables to let the user specify multiple custom command
line options to gpg etc?  (Encoding the option array into an environment
variable e.g. as list with some special character as delimiter and
decoding it again in Pass of course could be done but I wouldn't.)

Thanks,
Ville

--
Ville Mattila, CSC