[pass] [Patch] Customizable clip handling

Jan-Frederik Rieckers pass at janfred.it
Fri Apr 22 00:33:04 CEST 2016

Hello,

First of all: Thanks for this great piece of software. It is very good.

But since I started to use pass I've been annoyed about the "-c" I have to
type in every time. (I always want to have the password in the clipboard
and not printed at the console)

Also there is no option to show the complete other content but the password.

To fix this I wrote the attached patch.

Since there might be some users who want to have their password printed
on the console I added a parsing for a "password-storerc" where you can
set custom variables (imho better then setting this in files like
bashrc) and added the variable DEFAULT_CLIP which saves the default clip
behavior (0=show(default), 1=clip only password, 2=clip password and
show other content)

I also added to the show command the option(s) "-e[line-number]
--extended-clip[=line-number]"
This allows to clip the password and show the other content of the file.

It's very useful if you have different usernames for some
services/websites and you want to save and show it but don't want to
have the password printed on the screen.

Greetings
Jan