[pass] gpg: [don't know]: 1st length byte missing

Sylvain Viart sylvain at opensource-expert.com
Wed Aug 31 15:57:11 CEST 2016

Hi,

I got :

pass show web/framapad.org
gpg: [don't know]: 1st length byte missing

v1.6.5

I found:
https://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/commit/?id=3955cb4678948013fc7e871574f7eef7cc556c99

    prevent <ctrl-c> on password entry from wiping out file
    Currently, if you hit ctrl-c at the standard 'Enter password' prompt,
    since it is piped directly to gpg, the entry gets cleared. Trying to
    read from that entry results in:

      gpg: [don't know]: 1st length byte missing

Does this mean that my entry is corrupted?
Can I recover something?

I can't remember if I ctrled-c or something…

So maybe a double check may be required?

Regards,
Sylvain.

--
Sylvain Viart - Consultant informatique système linux